In addition to the complex decision about choosing the best school for their child, parents have to keep track of multiple school applications and deadlines. Navigating a variety of school types, processes, and timelines is an overwhelming task and a barrier to school choice. To simplify this process and to expand access, several cities across the country are unifying their enrollment systems. Examples range from creating a common application among schools to implementing a full “unified enrollment” system. Join our webinar and find out what it’s all about.
Webinar discussion topics:
- ‘Unified’, ‘Universal’, ‘Common’ Enrollment – Aligning on Definitions & Terminology
- Best Practices in Implementation – are there any?
- Governance, Operational, and Political Considerations
- Is your city ready for UE?
- Does it Work? – Defining Success
- Shannon Fitzgerald, national expert and consultant who works with cities and public school districts across the nation to examine and advance their enrollment systems, inclusive of process, technology, and human capital
- Betheny Gross, a senior research analyst and research director at the Center on Reinventing Public Education (CRPE), where she coordinates CRPE’s quantitative research initiatives, including analysis of portfolio districts, charter schools, and emerging teacher evaluation policies.