School choice is elusive without an equitable and fair experience for families. Family empowerment in a choice environment can only exist with equitable access to school information, simple and consistent application procedures, and a commitment to family support throughout the application process.
Join Camden City School District and Denver Public Schools as they discuss their journey to increase school choice participation in their districts. Get into the nuts and bolts of how these districts with choice systems are engaging their parents to select the schools that best fit their children.
During this webinar and live Q&A, we will discuss the following topics:
- Creating awareness of the choice process and timeline
- Educating families about school choice options
- Identifying and overcoming barriers to choice
- Putting parent service and support into action
- Engaging external and internal stakeholders
This webinar is geared toward administrators in school systems which offer some form of choice – from intra/inter district transfers to magnet schools and other choice programs, to an integrated unified enrollment system.